Sunday, February 10, 2013

2013 - Week 6 Recap

Long weekend is finally here and that calls for a double fist pump...woohoo!  It's been an awesome start to the long weekend so far...we went for a great run Saturday morning, I dropped a bomb on some new threads at my favourite store in the wholewideworld lululemon (I swear they have magic mirrors in their change rooms), and then we had a fabulous lunch at a great new place in town called Chorizo & Co.  I've walked past this place a few times as I work close by, so suggested to Hubs we give it a try this weekend...and are we ever glad we did.  I ordered the calamari sandwich and Hubs had their specialty chorizo sandwich...after his first bite, his eyes glazed over and rolled back in his head...I think he may have liked it.  Ha!  Oh...and how could I forget...it was Hockey Day in Canada so it was all hockey, all the time (and my boys won, woohoo!)...so really, the perfect day.

WORKOUTS:

Sunday:  rest day

Monday:  lower body strength
As much as I hated to do it, I skipped Monday morning bootcamp as I wanted to make sure I gave my quad plenty of rest and I'm glad I did.  We upped our weights a bit this session and so far, so good...Mr. Quad has been feeling OK this week, so I think it was all the downhill pounding from last week that was making it sore. 

Tuesday:  rest day
No yoga this week...instead I went to a cooking class by Chef Heidi Fink called "Local Harvest"...I love taking Heidi's classes and this was a hands on session using all locally sourced ingredients.  So much fun!

Wednesday:  30 mins treadmill a.m./upper body strength p.m.
Yes, I suck...I ended staying up late on Tuesday night after my cooking class and just couldn't cart my lazy butt out of bed on Wednesday morning to go to bootcamp...I did, however, manage to drag myself downstairs and pound out a half hour on the dreadmill.  Evening strength class was great...it's been four weeks since the start of these classes, so look for a post coming very soon on how I'm doing.

Thursday:  rest

Friday:  bootcamp
Our regular trainer was off sick so Michele (the owner of Body Dynamics) did our class.  It's been ages since I've seen her so it was cool to have her train us since it was our five year anniversary!  I tweeted to the studio later on that day wishing them a happy anniversary and got some awesome trainer love in return...love the gang at Body Dynamics.

Saturday:  10K run
Last year the running community was hit with a horrible event...Beth over at Shut Up and Run is one of my favourite bloggers, and when I read that her cousin Sherry had gone missing while out on an early run one morning made my blood run cold.  The story ended tragically...Sherry was later found murdered, and in her memory a virtual run was organized this time last year.  This year's run was held Saturday, so I put my bib on and ran for Sherry, thankful that even though her death was awful, I was hopeful that maybe by hearing her story, it may save someone else's life.  I know since her death I've gotten lax about running safety, so having the virtual run every year is a needed and absolutely necessary reminder about running safety, especially for women.  RIP, Sherry...and thank you.

FOOD:
Food was not bad this week...for the most part I ate clean with the except of one day where I just couldn't not keep my hands off sweets...I was a sugar monster which is weird as I'm normally not really into sweet stuff.  I did make sure I ate enough protein and food this week so didn't feel quite as tired as I did last week.

RECIPES:
Chicken with Caramelized Onion and Cardamom from "Jerusalem"...so far I'm really loving this cookbook!  It's an absolutely beautiful cookbook to look at it - a heavy, padded cover with gorgeous photos...I'm a fan so far and highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Char said...

I'm not surprised you're happy - new Lululemon, a delicious lunch AND your team won. That's a trifecta of happy.

TX Runner Mom said...

The Chorizo sandwich sounds like something my hubby would love! Congrats to your team on their victory!!!